To promote the interests and defend the rights of people over 50 at national and EU levels through research and advocacy work which gives older people a voice in :
informing and influencing government policy towards older people
arguing for a more equitable society for the benefit of those aged over 50, particularly the vulnerable and poor in Greek society
improving the health and well being of older people
increasing the active involvement in society of older people
promoting a society for all ages
How we achieve our Mission
1. The provision of news and information of direct interest to those over 50.
· Achieved through the web site (www.50plus.gr)
· Newsletters and Press Release
· research and publications affecting public policy of relevance to those aged over 50
· organization of public events and seminars.
2. Advocacy for Equal treatment for all regardless of age.
· by promoting knowledge about the current employment law and its implementation
· by combating widespread negative stereotypes and promote the positive abilities and knowledge of older people
· by promoting the right of older people to employment and training
· by supporting the fight for adequate pensions and a share in the increasing wealth of Greece
· by supporting wider social participation
· by insisting on the need for life long education and the opportunity and support for learning new technologies (ICT)
· by ensuring that older people are not discriminated against in the provision of goods and services
3. Better health and quality of life for those over 50.
· promoting healthy ageing activities
· arguing for the development and implementation of better access and quality in health and social services
· supporting the right of older people to autonomy and independent living ensuring that the interests and needs of dependent older people and their family carers are heard.
Members and supporters are asked to take an active role in informing 50+Hellas of matters of interest and relevance.